Termite Control In Brandon Made Simple
May 15, 2023 - Termites
Termites. Just the name strikes fear into hearts and minds across the United States, and with good reason. Termites cost American homeowners more than five billion dollars every year. If you're afraid of getting termites in your home or suspect they're already there, contact Green Leaf Pest Services, we offer professional pest control in Brandon. We have the products and techniques to get rid of any termites that may be making your house their home and prevent any new ones from moving in.
How To Identify Termite Damage
There are many signs of termites in your home. They include:
- Drywall that's sagging or discolored.
- Paint that's peeling from what appears to be water damage.
- Wood that sounds like it's hollow when you tap on it.
- Small holes in your drywall that look like there were thumbtacks there.
- Wooden floorboards that are buckling.
- Floorboards that have begun to squeak.
- Damaged wood.
- Windows and doors either get stuck or can't stay open.
- Furniture, floorboards, and walls with maze-like patterns on them.
- Mud tubes that run along your home's foundation.
If you notice any of these signs, you'll need to know how to get rid of termites. The best way to get rid of termites is to partner with Green Leaf Pest Services.
Why Termites Infest Wooden Structures
Termites eat cellulose to survive, and the most convenient source of cellulose is wood. That's why you'll find termites in trees, in stacks of firewood, and, unfortunately, in the wooden parts of your home. Those include wall studs, floor joists, roofing, hardwood floors, and support beams. Termites aren't picky about what wood they eat, so they have the potential to collapse your house if there are enough of them and they go unnoticed long enough.
Since they're the most common offenders in the area, you need to know the appropriate subterranean termite treatment in Brandon, which is calling Green Leaf Pest Service for a no-obligation inspection on either managing your current termite problem or preventing them from ever entering your home.
Simple Steps You Can Take To Protect Your Home From Termites
There are several measures you can employ to protect your home from termites, including:
- Stack firewood away from your house.
- Cut down any dead or dying trees on your property.
- If you use mulch in your flowerbeds, keep it at least 12 inches away from your house.
- Consider alternate mulching products, such as rubber mulch, pea gravel, grass clippings, or pine needles.
- Get rid of any wooden structures that touch the ground, including decking, latticework, and posts. You may have to regrade your yard to pull enough back from the wood in your house so it's at least six inches away from the dirt.
- Eliminate moisture around your foundation by using appropriate lawn watering, downspouts, downspout extenders, and splash blocks.
- Dehumidify your crawl space and basement with vents in the proper places, vapor barriers, and, if necessary, dehumidifiers.
These steps can help, but the overall, best way to safeguard your home from termites is to partner with a professional pest management company like Green Leaf Pest Services that knows how to keep termites away efficiently and effectively.
The Secret To Total Termite Control For Brandon Properties
Talk to the experts at Green Leaf Pest Services to learn how to get rid of termites in your house. We will perform a termite inspection of your entire property to determine if you have an active termite infestation or want to initiate preventative measures. Green Leaf Pest Services will then customize a plan to eliminate existing termites or prevent termites from entering your property. We are a family-owned and family-focused company with years of home pest control experience. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation inspection.